WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED?
- We are located on 25520Austin Road in Daphne, AL, in the Belforest Area.
- There is a large building at the back of the property that has been converted into a Metal Working Studio
- "Southern Oak Expressions" may appear when you Google the address - name of a previous business years ago
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS CLASS?
- Anyone looking for a Team Building Experience
- Husband & Wife's for a awesome Date night
- Young adults
- Church Groups
- Groups of friends
- Grandparents with their Grandkids
- Parent and their Kids
- Private lessons for individuals and groups are available upon request
WHAT IS THE MINIMUM AGE FOR SOMEONE TO TAKE THE CLASS?
- The technically is no minimum age. However, I have found kids should be at least 10 years old or older. I find every child is different. However, the factors that help in making your decision are the child's motivation, ability to listen and obey directions, physical size and overall hand/eye coordination with tools, in particular a hammer. I do suggest children be at least 12 years old or older for the (12) hour introduction to Knife Making Class. However, kids younger than 16 do need to have a parent with them. Some of the equipment, if used improperly, can be very dangerous. So it is the parents responsibility to help their child use the equipment safely. These classes generally are great classes to do with a parent and child together. If a parent and child are doing the class together, both are included in the cost of the class. In other words, both child and parent do not have to each pay if they are taking the class together. If you have any questions about your specific child, please let me know!
GENERAL CLASS INFORMATION
- The class size is currently no more than 9.
- Everyone has their own anvil and tools.
- No Experience Needed! All classes are designed for someone with no experience.
- Starting in 2020, there will be Release of Liability Form to sign.
- Also starting in 2020, there will be a Photograph Waiver to sign. If you don't want your picture taken and posted on Social Media, that is totally fine.
- All Safety Gear, Material, Equipment, etc. is provided. However, a student is more than welcome to bring their own safety gear.
- A loved one is more than welcome to come along and watch if they would like!
- The Gift Certificates do not expire
- Shortly after purchase, generally within 1-4 days, you will receive an email with a .pdf copy of your Gift Certificate. The email will have information about how to redeem the Gift Certificate. The Gift Certificate will have a unique Coupon Code. When there is a class available you would like to take, simply sign-up through this website under the Class Sign Up Page. When Checking Out to pay, simply input your unique Coupon Code. If you loose your Coupon Code, no worries! Please just reach out to let me know.
- For Christmas Gift Certificates, I cannot guarantee a particular month. The classes will be first come, first served. I plan to offer enough class offerings for Gift Certificate holders to redeem their GC from January until Summer. However, if you have some special circumstances, such as deploying overseas, major surgery, etc., please let me know and I will do my best to accommodate you.
- Each month a list of available classes will be emailed out. Classes will be offered to Gift Certificate holders several days before the classes are offered to the general public for the next several months. Classes are generally held on various week nights from 6:15pm to 9:15pm and on Saturdays, typically from 8am to 11am. The Friday/Saturday Intro to Knife Making is usually from 12pm to 6pm on Friday and 8am to around 3:30pm on Saturday.
- To make the Gift Certificate giving process a little more extra special, I can provide a small piece of steel to go along with your Gift Certificate. Please let me know so arrangements can be made to pick up the steel piece.
- If you have any other questions, please send me an email at email@example.com or call my cell at 412.926.2253 (on old cell from living out of state!)
WHAT DOES THE LIABILITY & PHOTOGRAPHY WAIVER LOOK LIKE?
- Here is a copy of the Liability & Photography Waiver:
THIS IS THE PHOTOGRAPH RELEASE, WAIVER, INDEMNIFICATION, HOLD HARMLESS AND ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK WE REQUEST YOU TO SIGN PRIOR TO STARTING CLASS WITH, “THE BLACKSMITH EXPERIENCE”
In consideration of being permitted to attend or participate in any program, class or activity (hereinafter “Activities”) put on or sponsored by The Blacksmith Experience (hereinafter “The Blacksmith Experience), the undersigned (hereinafter “I”, “me/my/myself”, “you/your/yourself”, “Participant” or “Releasor”) hereby agrees to the following Release, Waiver, Indemnification, Hold Harmless and Assumption of Risk (hereinafter, “Waiver”).
On behalf of myself, as well as my executors, personal representatives, administrators, agents, assigns, heirs, relatives and next of kin, I hereby agree to release, acquit, discharge, hold harmless , indemnify, defend and covenant not to sue The Blacksmith Experience, the owners/lessor/lessees of any premises, buildings, or locations where The Blacksmith Experience take place, the employees, officers, directors, members, managers, agents, volunteers, contractors, vendors, guests, customers, participants and attendees of The Blacksmith Experience and all other persons, firms, corporations or entities (collectively referred to hereinafter as “the Releases”) from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions, causes of action, damages or suits at law or in equity, for any cost, fee, attorney’s fee, judgement, expense, loss, harm, or damage to my person or property (hereinafter “Claims), whether such Claims are known or unknown, anticipated or unanticipated, now existing or arising in the future or based on the acts of omissions of any of the Releases, including any misfeasance, malfeasance, negligence, or intentional acts, which Claims arise from are connected to, or in any way related to the undersigned’s participation in or attendance at any of the Activities put on by or sponsored by The Blacksmith Experience.
The undersigned specifically understand and acknowledges the I will be participating in inherently dangerous Activities put on by or sponsored by The Blacksmith Experience. The undersigned is fully aware of and is voluntarily assuming the risks and hazards associated with such activities which can included death or serious bodily injury. The undersigned agrees to exercise sound and reasonable judgement during all parts and phases of the Activities and to use, follow and adhere to the manufacturers recommendations, rules, instructions , and warnings given by an instructor, staff or representative of The Blacksmith Experience, and the best practices for the safe handling and use of tools, equipment, and other instruments that part of the Activities. I further agree to pay for any and all damages, losses or expenses caused by or in any way related to my negligence, recklessness, or willful actions.
I further understand and expressly agree that this Waiver is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by law and that if any provision , line, phrase, or word of this Waiver is held invalid or otherwise unenforceable, the enforceability of the remaining provisions, lines, phrase, and words shall not be affected or impaired thereby.
The Blacksmith Experience will respect your privacy but we need to know if you do not wish to be photographed or recorded. When you sign this document we are assuming your consent to be photographed or recorded unless you strike through and initial the following paragraph.
I further authorize The Blacksmith Experience to use, reproduce, and/or publish photographs and/or videos, which may include audio recording, that contain my image, likeness, and voice without any consideration , compensation, or other remuneration for any and all purposes including but not limited to publications, public affair releases, publish service announcements, promotions and marketing, social media and website content, and other, related endeavors in any manner that The Blacksmith Experience deems appropriate. The authorization is continuous in nature and extends beyond the time of my actual participation in or attendance at any program, class or activity.
Class Name: _________________________________________________________________
Class Date: ______________________
Signature of Participant: _______________________________________________________
Printed Name of Participant: ____________________________________________________
Signature of Parent/Guardian of Minor: ___________________________________________
Printed Name of Parent/Guardian of Minor: ________________________________________
In case of Emergency contact: ___________________________________________________
Who is: _________________________
At Phone Number: _______________________________
The Gift Certificates are non-refundable after (30) days. However, I completely understand there may be some special circumstances, and will work with you the best I can. But again, the Gift Certificates don't expire and can also be reassigned to someone else if need be.
LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU AT A CLASS IN THE NEAR FUTURE!!!!